Sunday, February 7, 2010

What should I do post-op for my removed ingrown toenail? How do I know if it's healing?

The portion of the toenail was removed about 2 weeks ago and phenol was applied so that the nail would not grow back. I could not make it to my follow up appointment. How do I know that it's healing? How should it appear?What should I do post-op for my removed ingrown toenail? How do I know if it's healing?
oh... i just had that done to me as well. Post-op you should soak your foot everyday in warm water and epsom salt. it pulls all the bacteria and germs out of the area. It will be healing if a scab starts to form and their is no more bleeding and pus. The skin will turn white a little bit and there will be some dead skin around the surgery area.

No comments:

Post a Comment