Friday, February 5, 2010

What should I do about my ingrown toenail?

I've had my ingrown toenail for quite a while now. I've had it surgically removed twice and it still won't go away. I clean it everyday but it just won't help. Why is this happening? What should I do about it?


Thanks.What should I do about my ingrown toenail?
Ouch!


sorry for u!


well my mom has the same, she just goes to the beauty salon every other week and they proffesionaly cut it for her! if she does it alone it gets worse!What should I do about my ingrown toenail?
Here are 10 easy steps of advice on removing an ingrown toenail without the help of a doctor.





Note: It is suggested that you have a doctor inspect recurrent ingrown toenails, as surgery might be required to solve the problem. Repeated trimming of the nail borders will NOT solve the problem, and can make the condition worse.














Things You'll Need








鈥ail clippers.


鈥weezers (the sort you might pluck eyebrows with).


鈥lasters.


鈥ntiseptic cream.


鈥ce.


鈥ain killers (they might need to be quite strong).


鈥ail file.


鈥right light.








1.Remove any dry skin around the area.


2.Try to pull the nail up as far as possible with tweezers.


3


.Clear any blood.


4.Apply ice to numb the area.


5.Search for nail with nail file.


6.When the nails is found pull up with tweezers.


7.





You may need to clip of the ingrown part unless the nail can rip it off.


8.Clear the blood and clean the area.


9.Apply antiseptic cream to a pad of a plaster and apply to your foot.


10.Take pain killers with a glass of cool water.














Clearing the infectionAfter the clearance of the nail we need to remove the infection. Equipment:





鈥ntiseptic cream


鈥lasters


鈥owl


鈥lean towel


鈥psom salt


Method:





1.Soak foot in warm water add epsom salts (amount depends on infection)
return to the podiatrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment