Friday, February 5, 2010

What do I do about an ingrown toenail?

It's not infected, it's a little red and slightly swollen, do I have to cut around it? I've been soaking it and putting neosporin on it, can I just leave it as it is to keep growing or whatever?What do I do about an ingrown toenail?
It will not get any better. You will need to see a foot doctor, who will cut the edge of the nail away. Sometimes they can actually kill the root of the nail where it is growing inwardly,and this helps to keep the problem away. The doctor can do this right in his office, takes only a few minutes.What do I do about an ingrown toenail?
the longer you wait to extract the nail embedded in your skin, the more painful it will be. The pain can become so excruciating that it could become too much to bare to even walk. it would be in your best interest, if you are uncomfortable doing it yourself, to just go to the Dr. Mind you, if you don't take care of it now, it could lead to surgery later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment