Thursday, February 11, 2010

Is my toe getting infected or do I have an Ingrown Toenail?

On my left foot on the left side of the toenail where the skin is, the skin is a little bit swollen and its puffy and red, but it doesn't hurt when wearing shoes, or anything else, only if you press on it, it hurts... Can you help me I'm getting kind of worried about it, I put antibiotic ointment on it, and I think that's helping because I can kind of feel it working, so please help!Is my toe getting infected or do I have an Ingrown Toenail?
You should get that checked out. Ive had it and mine is a bit of a horror story but I had to go back to get it removed five times. It truely is painless except for the lidocaine injections, and its so much easier to just get it cut out than to go with the pain for months with no guarantee it goes away.Is my toe getting infected or do I have an Ingrown Toenail?
girl . . . an ingrown toenail always comes with infection, thats why ingrown toenails supurate sometimes
Its just an in grown toe nail :)


No worries.


My friend had the same thing and it turned out it was a splinter she couldnt see :P


So its either something thats not supossed to be there, Like a splinter, Or its just an in grown toenail :)
Sounds like an ingrown toenail. Don't worry, they usually go away on their own. Put some Neosporin on it and wear loose shoes so you won't put pressure on it. If it gets worse and doesn't go away you might have to go to the doctor.





When you cut your toenails, cut them straight across rather than curved and make sure not to cut the nail too short where it's down in the side of your toe. That will help prevent ingrown toenails. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment