Thursday, February 11, 2010

I think I have a ingrown toenail. Is there anything I can do without going to a doctor?

A few months ago, I have to get my toenail removed. Now it is almost fully grown back, but I think I have an ingrown toenail now. When I got it removed before, I had to get novacaine (sorry, this is probably spelled wrong) of course, but needles scare me horrible and it was very painful. I'd really love to be able to avoid that. So is there anyway I can take care of the problem without having to see a doctor?I think I have a ingrown toenail. Is there anything I can do without going to a doctor?
Ooh, I've had an ingrown toenail b4. The only things you can try to do is soak your foot in hot salt water or take something pointy and lift up your toenail with it so the ingrown part is above your skin. These things are not guarenteed to work, but I tried them, and the lifting up your toenail thing worked for me.I think I have a ingrown toenail. Is there anything I can do without going to a doctor?
Without getting too gross, I had an ingrown toenail and I pulled it out myself. It hurt at first but I felt tremendous pain relief just a short while later. On the other hand, my sister had chronic ingrown toenails and always had to get her toenails removed. Now, as long as she keeps her toenails short, she doesn't have a problem.
I don't remember the name, but Dr. Scholl's makes an OTC product. All you have to do is put a foam ring around where the ingrown nail is, then fill it with the medicine, wrap and band-aid around it and let it sit. Once it has softened the nail, and can use tweezers or nail clippers to get it out.
you can cure it at home, but the likely hood of it coming back is big. i would go to the doctor and have them remove it because 1- they will do a better job %26amp; 2- it probably won't come back.
If you can not soak it and cut it out yourself you will probably have to see the doctor
try soaking it twice daily in epsom salts, it worked for me, oh and im deathly afraid of needles too.
Try cutting a v shape in the middle of your nail. Then when the nail grows it grows into the v and not to the side x

No comments:

Post a Comment