Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Have An Ingrown ToeNail Infected. How Do The Doctors Numb My Toe Please tell me the truth please?

I dont know what to do im scared about having it took out i need to know if it hurts when they numb the toe


please write back fast i have the appointment on friday...





Tell Me the truth Please... And I need some one who has already experienced it thanksI Have An Ingrown ToeNail Infected. How Do The Doctors Numb My Toe Please tell me the truth please?
They inject Lidocaine solution into your toe. It hurts but usually the doctor can inject as he advances the needle a little at a time to minimize the discomfort. It wont be fun but you will get through it.I Have An Ingrown ToeNail Infected. How Do The Doctors Numb My Toe Please tell me the truth please?
Hello there





I`ve had both sides of my big toenails done as i had ingrown infected toenails. They put a rubber ring tight around your toe to stop the blood flow this also helps with the feeling of the needle going into your toe. They then inject Lidnocaine which is an anaesthetic into you toe to numb it it sting`s more than it does hurt. They inject the fleshy part of your toe. They then cut away the part/side of your toe nail which is infected and then bandage it up. Than you have to keep your foot elevated for a few days and then you go back two days after the procedure and they have a look at it and the give you some dressings for you to redress you toe till it heels.


This procedure is more uncomfortable than pain full and believe me i have a very low pain threshold,


Hope this helps
The doctor will inject your toe with a very fine needle. It will sting but only last a few moments. Once that is done he will allow a few minutes for it really to take effect. This is such a powerful anaesthetic I promise you once its taken an effect you won't feel a thing at all.





Think of it this way, a 20 second stinging sensation as against him trying to correct the toenail without any pain relief. It stings but its not agonising, just grit your teeth be brave and believe me the relief you will feel once that toenail has been corrected will make you want to jump for glee.





Toenail give agonising pain - people laugh at us but they'd not laugh that much if they were experiencing what your feeling now.





Just keep telling yourself ' nothing last for ever' and it will get you over those first 20 seconds. After that, you'll be asking ' are you sure you've done it, I don't feel a thing'





Be brave, the imagination of having something done is always 99% worse than when they actually do it. It will all be over in a jiffy.
no need to panic. Relax your toe will be numbed. Usually by injection and its not as sore as being at the dentist. Believe me you don't have any problems. One of my family had the nail taken off and he was only young then, no problems it was me who felt panicky, anxious, but I didn't feint.
It depends how bad it is. They might use a freezing spray. That doesn't hurt, but it's COLD. They might give you an injection. That will prick but it won't hurt as much as your infected toe.





Take something to read (or a crossword if you do them). If you are not paying attention to what's going on, it won't bother you. After all, you toe is a long way from your brain.
My sister had this done last year,


they numbed hers by freezing it and he said that this didn't hurt and that it only began to hurt when they took it out but she had 3 toes done and was okay about a week after just had to keep dressing it and wear opened toed shoes for a while.


Hope its okayy!
Hi,





I've had two out and was never numbed up, they try to do it without numbing you and if you are really suffering then they will numb it up. But it doesnt hurt half as much as the infection and if I were you I would try to have it done without being numbed up.





Good luck! x
The recovery period can be very painful,it is not a nice thing to have done,but it is only for a short period instead of forever if you dont have it done.
They will use a Lidocaine injection. this will sting at first, but will get better quickly. Then your toe will be numb for about 4-5 hours.
a nano second of pain as they inject the area around the infecdtion then you won't feel anything
the numbing shot doesn,t hurt as bad as the infection.
local injection


will be better soon

No comments:

Post a Comment