Sunday, February 7, 2010

I had an ingrown toenail partially removed should it still be hurting?

Its been about 3 weeks since I had an ingrown toenail partially removed. The Doctor cauterized the edge of the skin because it would supposedly prevent an ingrown toenail from reoccuring. However I am worried because it still hurts to be touched and the area on the side of my nail is still a bit tender. I'm not sure if I'm overreacting! Does anyone have any answers for me?I had an ingrown toenail partially removed should it still be hurting?
It looks like you're still recovering. The foot can be a difficult area to heal after injury or surgery as it's an extremity and you put a lot of pressure on it throughout the day. Take pain killers, wear loose fitting shoes, keep the area clean and watch for infection. Consult your doctor if the pain doesn't go away in the next few days.I had an ingrown toenail partially removed should it still be hurting?
this used to happen to me a lot. what i did was let it grow out, then i cut it. this was 4-5 years ago, and i haven't had a problem since. yes, it hurt but it's worth the wait to cut it off
ya

No comments:

Post a Comment