Thursday, February 11, 2010

How to fix an ingrown toenail?

sorry i know its gross but i have one that is infected and ingrown (i'm a dancer) i've had it for about 2 1/2 months. how do i get rid of it without going to the doctor?How to fix an ingrown toenail?
The nails on both my big toes are always getting that way because I have wide feet, too wide even for a wide-sized shoe. I have to periodically go to great lengths to ensure that it doesn't happen, or go to even greater length to dig it out.





If your nail is ingrown all the way across your toe, I would truly suggest going to a doctor. It's a difficult procedure that really shouldn't be performed at home.





If it's only one corner, or both corners and not the middle, you can try what I do. Using a dull, yet slender object (I use an extremely dull knife, so I don't cut myself, but I have a small point to work with) you can carefully pry the corner of your toenail out of the skin where it is embedded. If the nail breaks and leaves a piece in the skin, try getting it out with tweezers. I've only brought blood one time, and that was because someone bumped into me while I was try to do this. Just be extremely careful and take your time. If this seems like it will be painful when you begin, then perhaps a doctor should do it for you, because the nail might be embedded further than you realize.





Something I do to prevent this problem, is to take the time to trim and file my toenails. It seems like an extravagance to most people who don't understand how painful ingrown toenails can be, but honestly, pedicures work wonders. I'm always sure to file my toenails rounded to there's no sharp corners. It seems to help even more.How to fix an ingrown toenail?
Ingrown toenails are not pretty. But since you said that its infected I would HIGHLY recommend going to see your doctor. Especially because you're a dancer, you don't want a serious infection to set in a make it worse than it already is.
Soak it in very warm water.





Do a question search. --- I think I have an Ingrown Toe nail what should I do?





I think it has pretty good information. I just left there.
what you need to do is cut a V in the front of nail this encourages the corners to grow towards centre it works i did it

No comments:

Post a Comment