Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How long does it take for an ingrown toenail to heal?

It has been a little over a week, and it has stopped oozing tons of puss, but it is still red, swollen, warm and painful. My mom is pretty sure that it's an ingrown toenail. I have been soaking it in warm water and epsom salts, anything else I can do for it? About how long will it take to heal? I'm 15.How long does it take for an ingrown toenail to heal?
ugh..I've had those a few times..they're horrible aren't they?


it may take I'd say..a month maybe. If you want you can let it grow out even though it'll be painful, or you can get in there and cut out the part of the nail thats growing out to the side, but I'd suggest letting it grow out.How long does it take for an ingrown toenail to heal?
Your welcome!!

Report Abuse



im about 15 too and i had two ingrown tonails and i went to a pediatrist about them. He numbed my toe and cut of the nail that was digging into my foot and rubbed a chemical in that area to provent the nail from growing back into the flesh. It only took about 20 minutes and i felt no pain during it. the next day it was a little sore but i took some motrin and i was fine. Best of luck...
Even if it heals, ingrown toenails will grow back again, I suggest you go see a foot doctor, and let them take care of it. If you don't then use neosporin and cover it with a band aid. I might take a couple of weeks. just make sure you don;t get an infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment