Friday, February 5, 2010

How do i treat an ingrown toenail?

The corners of my toes were red and hurt so I cut both the nails and my left toe doesn't hurt anymore but my right toe has a cut on it and still hurts.


I put peroxide on it and it oozed a little bit of clear stuff. I don't think its infected cause it hasn't bled but its still red and hurts. How do i keep it from getting infected or treat it? Im scared of getting gangrene!How do i treat an ingrown toenail?
One way to treat an ingrown toenail is to get a toothpick and a cotton ball. Rip a part of the cotton off and use the toot pick to push the cotton into the ingrown toe nail.Be careful not to pierce your skin with the tooth pick. The cotton should take some pressure off and help to redirect the nail. If it bets to be too bad see your doctor.How do i treat an ingrown toenail?
You should see a podiatrist they can remove all or part of your toenail then you will get the relief you need. I have had both my big toenails removed and have never looked back. You can even paint them when they have healed up and you wouldn't know they were missing
Not sure how bad, but mine I have to dig down in the corner to grab the nail. The nail is growing inward so you have to pull it out. Yes its painful but once out your good for awhile. Or you can go to the doctors and they will remove it. Good luck.
Please apply ointment and put shoes (Boots or canvas shoes) try also nail polish if it help some thing. Otherwise take the advice of physician. Otherwise it will be matter of surgery.

1 comment:

  1. you can try some home treatment.

    to know more on how to treat a yellow toenail..
    you can check this out:
    how to treat yellow toenail

    ReplyDelete