Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How do I take care of an ingrown toenail without going to the podiatrist?

I'm leaving the country in a week and don't have enough time to schedule an appointment. It's pretty ingrown. It's in my big toe. What do I do?How do I take care of an ingrown toenail without going to the podiatrist?
Umm yeah going out of country with a high chance of an infection, not fun.


Call your doctor and let them know you are going out of country in a week and you need to set up an appointment fast to get checked out. Or go to a walk-in clinic. You have a week before you leave, thats plenty of time to get it handled.


Trust me, you dont want to be in a different country with a ';pretty ingrown'; toenail : /How do I take care of an ingrown toenail without going to the podiatrist?
What I usually do is take a tiny ball of Kleenex and put some Neosporin (sp?) on it. Then take a toothpick and wedge the little ball underneath the nail where it's ingrown. Truthfully, this isn't the painless way, but it's worked for me as it raises the nail and helps it grow over the skin rather than into it.
take a clean razor blade and cut away the extra skin to expose the nail, then take large toe nail clippers and cut the nail back soak your foot in Epsom salt keep it clean and dry and it should go away
Imagine a toe nail infection in a country where you don't know anyone and or are not quite sure of the medical attention.





Make time and go to the E.R. screaming that it hurts.
try soaking in vinegar to soften the ingrown toenail before cutting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment