Thursday, February 11, 2010

Does anyone know how to relieve the pain of an ingrown toenail? Should I see a doctor or will it go away?

I have had t for over a month and just recently is is SO painful! I can't even sleep at night! What will the doctor do if I go see her?Does anyone know how to relieve the pain of an ingrown toenail? Should I see a doctor or will it go away?
DO NOT let this go, and don't try to treat it at home. i have done all the bad things and it just makes it worse. i put up with mine for about 6 months until it hurt for sheets to touch it, let alone put on a shoe. mine was infected because i thought i could get it out myself and tried to treat a home.





find a good podiatrist. they will numb the toe, which burns like %26lt;%26lt;%26lt;%26lt; but will be so worth it in the end. after they take it out request that they use a treatment to stop the growth of the nail. i didn't do this the 1st time and had to go thru it all again. i had the growth stopped and haven't had any more trouble for 3 years now.





hope this helped. these things are murderDoes anyone know how to relieve the pain of an ingrown toenail? Should I see a doctor or will it go away?
Ingrown nails can be treated at home. cut the nail straight across so that its corner can grow outside the skin.Let the nail grow free by firmly pushing the skin back from the corner with a Q-tip twice a day.Keep the area clean.
i hate ingrown toenails and that pain feeling. You should see a doctor.
To treat an ingrown nail at home:





Soak the foot in warm water.


Use a nail file to separate the nail from the inflamed skin.


Place a small piece of cotton under the nail. Wet the cotton with water or antiseptic.


And they sell over the counter medicine to treat it with
go see a doctor...i'm not sure exactly but i think they have to cut it out!
you have to see a doctor...the thing isn't going to just stop growing
I have had a lot of ingrown toenails, they hurt. I went to the doctor and he told me to soak my foot in warm salt water for about 10-15 minutes. Then to take a piece of cotton ball and put rubbing alcohol on it and put it in between the nail and the skin of my toe. This sometimes hurts while you are doing it but it usually helps. If it dose not start to feel better in a few days you should go see a doctor and they might give you some other suggestions. Good luck
You need to see a doctor, it is a fairly serious situation, it will not go away without treatment. Sorry to be blunt but there is no other way. get yourself an appointment asap.





you'll be glad you did in a weeks time
Having an ingrown toenail is no fun. However, the pain from a bad one is worse. I so know what it's like. Mine was infected and wouldn't clear up on it's own, and hurt really badly. The doctor gave me Novocaine in my toe and cut the nail back and put antibiotic ointment on it. It hurt that night for a bit, but then the relief started to come. I had to keep the area clean and covered with more antibiotic ointment and bandages for about a week. If you've had it for a month now, you really should see the doctor and get it taken care of. Good luck, feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment