Thursday, February 11, 2010

Do you have to be put to sleep to have ingrown toenail surgery?

im 13. im a girl. i have an ingrown toenail. its a little red on the side of my toe. and it hurts. no puss or anything creepy.Do you have to be put to sleep to have ingrown toenail surgery?
I work for a podiatrist and can tell you that you most certainly do not have to be put to sleep, so don't worry about that.





You will have a couple of injections and it wont be long until you can not feel a thing on the toe in question. Depending on what the Podiatrist decides to do, you may have the root permanently removed. Nowadays the killing of the root is mostly done using a chemical. After wards they will apply some antibacterial ointment, something like bacitracin. You may also be supplied with some antibiotics and further doses of the anibacterial ointment. The podiatrist will recommend soaking the toe every now and again as it help with the healing process.





My husband had one removed not long ago and he was so relieved to get it done. He said he felt little to no pain afterwards. Do not worry about it, it's a pretty simple procedure, but you may be shocked at how quickly a podiatrist completes the procedure.Do you have to be put to sleep to have ingrown toenail surgery?
I had ingrown tonails on both sides of both big toes... They did the outside of the left while I was awake and it was horrible... They numb your foot (the needle hurts) and then they use scissor-like stuff that feels like they're taking a boxcutter to your toe... The other 3, they knocked me out for and ';scraped'; the toenail root-area from the bone so it wouldn't grow back... but they missed a spot on one of them, so I have a little ';shard'; of toenail that isn't connected to the rest of my toe...





The whole thing was a pain in the backside...





I have 3 tiny (like 1cm long) scars on my toes %26amp; i haven't had an ingrown tonail since...





So yes, being put out is MUCH better...
Nope! They will give you some shots in your foot which are a bit painful but are so worth it to not have your ingrown toe nail.





I got the side of both of my big toenails taken off permanently and you can't even tell they are missing and I have never had a ingrown toenail since.





It is painful for a bit but completely worth it. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment